Thursday 17 May 2012

Vocabulary unit 7


Nouns
Meaning
musicianA person that plays music or an instrument.  
recordBefore a CD
albumA collection of songs a CD
instrumentAn object that makes sound.
guitarStrum a guitar.
drumsThe drums is an instrument that you hit with sticks.
pianoYou play the piano.
The piano has keys.
violinYou play the violin with a bow.
disciplineRule of collective life.
Self control.
A police can give discipline.
behaviourThe things that a person does or the way that they act.
tutorA private teacher.
lessonA class / subject.
diaperSomething that a baby wears  before they can use the bathroom.
Pampers.
recitalLike a concert /
stageA high level, where musicians and actors perform.
The Sound Of MusicA very famous movie.
NaziGerman soldiers, persecution of the Jews.
concert
A big party. You watch live music.
Verbs

grow up
Children grow up and become adults.
I grew up in England.
practiceDo something to improve your skills.
come / go over“Come over to my house for dinner / lunch”
I am going over to my friend’s house.
carryI carry my laptop to school.
escaperun away.
perform
Singers and actors perform.
Sing or act for other people.
Adjectives

awesome
great! cool! wonderful! excellent!
individuala person, alone or single. Just me, one person.
private
Something not public.
Only for some people, not for everyone.
Adverbs

definitely
I definitely will do my homework.
absolutelyThey absolutely loved the movie.
basicallyI basically spent all of my money.
overseasI live overseas. 
liveWe went to see a live band at the pub. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elec 1 - Thursday

 Digital Detox