Sunday 5 February 2012

Monday - Review


Listening
http://www.eslvideo.com/esl_video_quiz_intermediate.php?id=10232 - Adelle video




Grammar review 
Future tense explanation




Predictions - 
We use 'be going to' when we have evidence in the present, and 'will' when it is your opinion/hope/assumption


Will - 

  • a spontaneous decision
    example: Wait, I will help you.
  • an opinion, hope, uncertainty or assumption regarding the future
    example: He will probably come back tomorrow.
a promise
example: I will not watch TV tonight.

be going to - 
  • an action in the near future that has already been planned or prepared
    example: I am going to study harder next year.
  • a conclusion regarding the immediate future
    example: The sky is absolutely dark. It is going to rain.

    I'm going to visit my mother, and then I'll maybe see a movie - conversation English
    Written / business English - will



Handouts - working in pairs




Quiz 5
Structure activity (As soon as you finish your test)



Mark the quiz





No comments:

Post a Comment

Elec 1 - Thursday

 Digital Detox